Anyway, why have I been so absent you ask. Well, most of you know already but here are my two major excuses.
Reason #1

Ok, so this isn't OUR baby but I keep forgetting to have Junior take the ultrasound to work and scan it in. All babies look the same at this point so it'll have to do until Junior gets one up.
We're having a baby boy, due April 5th (the day after Vita's b-day, he's hoping and praying it comes on his birthday). Both the boys are very excited for a new brother. Kalei is pretty bummed she's not getting a sister but I'm sure she'll accept him when he comes.
Names being considered
Sister (Kalei)
Batman (Tavita)
Arrow (Tavita)
Skyler (Brayden)
Lafe (Mom and Dad)
Taivin (Mom and Dad)
This pregnancy has definitely been a tough one. I started feeling sick when I was only a few weeks along. The nausea/throwing up gets worse and worse with each one and it was a bugga this time around to say the least. In addition to the nausea I had intense migranes and a lot of pains I haven't had with the others. We had a little scare at the beginning that put me on brief bedrest but everything turned out fine and baby is healthy.
The Lord provided a tender mercy by allowing the me to feel the baby kicking very early on. It helped a lot when I was having the weird pains to know that baby was ok, I would've been a nervous wreck if not.
Things are good now, I started feeling better right around Halloween. I still have occasional migranes and a lot of pains all the time which is hard because I ran throughout my other pregnancies and haven't been able to with this one. I really miss having running as an outlet for stress but am glad that is the only real lingering issue I have.
Baby is VERY active, the most active one yet. For some reason #4 has me more scared then any other baby. It just seems a lot more overwhelming to me. In spite of that we are SOOOOO excited for this little guy to join our family. The kids talk about the baby all the time. The love pulling up my shirt and seeing how much bigger my belly has gotten.
Reason #2
That's right, we're taking a major plunge here and moving down to AZ and it has been much more of an emotional roller coaster then I ever expected. When we first moved here 5 years ago I was dying for ANY avenue out. I didn't like living in Utah, I didn't like the cold, I just wanted OUT! Fast forward 5 years and we have become very comfortable here. Out neighbors have become some of our closest friends. The kids have an almost idyllic situation when it comes to playmates. There isn't a day that goes by that there isn't a pack of kids running around and living on a cul-de-sac they have a pretty big range of play space. We love having the mountains so close by to take last minute day trips to. We love how family oriented it is here and the endless events and activities provided to families.
On a whim Junior applied for two jobs; one in Hawaii, one in Arizona. Both are places we have talked about returning to. Both came back with offers. Initially we thought we'd take the job in Hawaii, since we still ache to go back there even after being away for 5 years. However, it never felt right so Junior turned it down. When Arizona became a more viable option we started really fasting and praying about what we should do. It was a LONG decision process but in the end we decided it was the right thing to do. Even after all the praying and KNOWING it was right it took every bit of our self-control not to back out of the whole deal. We DID NOT want to go. We didn't want to leave our house, our nieghborhood, Junior's 5-min bike ride to work, the convience of having him come home everyday at 4:30 etc. Financially it didn't make sense either. The housing market is still so bad we are having to turn our house into a rental just to turn around and rent a house down in Arizona. The list of reasons to stay put goes on. In the end, it all boils down to the fact it feels right so we're going with it. Junior will be working for Phoenix Children's Hospital as their Clinical Analyst for cardiology. We're really excited for the opportunity. Junior said long ago that he would love to work for a children's hospital. Their cardiology department is new so he'll be their first analyst which gives him the chance to kinda do things his way as well as provides a lot of room for growth. Junior starts on Janurary 3rd but it's still up in the air when the rest of us will join him.
We are so excited for the new adventures that lie ahead of us. We're excited to be living by old friends and family. We're excited for no snow (ok, so maybe that's just me).
Anyway, all that matters is I'm back in action. Enjoy the myriad of posts below. I can sleep more restfully knowing that I'm caught up through Halloween. Now only November and a bit of December to go!
4 comments:
Congrats and congrats!
Sounds like quite an adventure! Good luck. Sorry we missed you at thanksgiving. It was a crazy week. Next time we go to AZ, I will definitely give you a ring.
Congrats on your new job offer and new baby news! That is so exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. We had a similar situation (not with a baby, but with a job) and we ended up taking a job out in South Carolina, and we are loving it out here. It was super scary to even come out this far, but we're glad we did it. YOu will love your new experiences in Arizona!:) Glad I got caught up on your blog!
Taivin spelt TaivEn would be a better way of combining Tavita and Brayden's names.
Lafe Lealofi might be a bit of a tongue twister. But the more you say it the more rythmic it becomes. sooo maybe.
Post a Comment