There was never any offical score kept but Tavita did manage to score 2 goals throughout the 7-game season. Not too shabby. He scored the one and only goal the first game and then scored another toward the end of the season. He was so fun to watch. One week, he kept the furious, focused game-face on through the entire game. After his first game I was commenting on how "focused" he looked out on the field to Junior. He interrupted with, "Mom, I wasn't whatever you said I was. I was MAD!!! The other team kept taking the ball and I wanted it back." The best part was after a serious game like that he'd spend the next game wandering the field as if he couldn't care less what was going on. In all he loved the whole experience and continually talks about how excited he is to start playing again.
Warming up before the game

Getting some instructions from the coach

Charging after the ball

Breaking away to score his first goal
No comments:
Post a Comment