Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Baby Sister Got Married!

I still can't believe it.
When she was living with us a while back I thought it wierd when she'd ask to borrow the car because there was no way she was old enough to drive.
We dropped her off at BYU-I, and I felt like she didn't belong there either, I felt like I should still be there.
Then she started bringing this Ben fellow around. I thought that was really wierd. She definitely wasn't old enough to be talking marriage.
But she is! She found a great guy and we're so happy for both of them!
The wedding was great and the kids LOVED thier trip to Idaho. I don't know what it is about that place but it's magical for kids. It must be all the wide open space to just run. Kalei still asks all the time to "Go to Idaho, see Auntie and the Kittys" (Ben's family had a cute litter of kittens running around)
Can't go to Idaho and not pick some potatoes!

Cute kiddos waiting for the newlyweds to come out of the temple!

The happy couple!

Getting their cake ready. This is two sibling wedding in a row where I've been strutting by grubbies as everyone shows up for the reception. Oh well, the cake was ready just in time!

Head table

The dinner spread. Junior and I are definitely used to cooking for polynesians. There was A LOT of food leftover.

Smart couple, taking the time to eat!

LeiLei and her Grandpa!

These two got along 100x better than the last time they were together. It was so fun to watch them.

Cutting the cake! I was very glad the lights were dimmed cause that sucker had a lot of flaws.

Our ever-expanding family

The day after the wedding Grandma and Grandpa took the kids to one of Idaho's little secrets: BearWorld
I was feeling utterly exhausted and couldn't stop throwing up so Junior and I hung out at the hotel room while everyone else went and had fun. We were sad to miss out but man did we thouroughly enjoy those few hours of quiet!
Everyone crammed into our van to drive through and see all the animals!

With Auntie Jennica on a ride. We have a similar ride here and Brayden will have nothing to do with it. But these two seemed to enjoy it.

Getting kisses!

One good looking group!

On the way home Kalei started complaining her tummy hurt. We didn't have anything on hand in case she truly got sick so I hurried and grabbed the cake pan. Luckily she never used it. Now I can continue to bake cakes with peace of mind.

No comments: