Sunday, June 26, 2011

Playdough Cookies

Looking for something fun to do with your kids?
My kids LOVED these. It's everything good in life.The LOVE playing with playdough (I HATE the clean up) At first they were really confused why I was baking the playdough, even though I told them it was cookie dough they couldn't comprehend it. Once they sank their teeth into one of these babies they were hooked.
Total blast to make, delicious to eat (and you don't have teh smashed playdough everywhere to clean up afterwards

Brayden workin on a catepillar

Tavita wih his monster

Kalei and her "flawar"

If you want to make your own batch of these bad boys go here: http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2011/06/introduction-rainbow-cookies-and.html
Make em, you won't regret it and your kids will love you!
Had to end with this picture. It totally depicts the relationship these two share. Brayden ADORES his little sister and is always looking out for her. Kalei totally looks up to her big brother and has even started calling him "Mommy Brayden" the past couple days. We temporarilymoved Kalei in with her brothers while we had family here and that situation has turned permanent. Whe is absolutely unconolable if we try to get her to sleep on her own. That night she had ben having a hard time sleeping, I had put her in her bed several times. Came in to check on her and found this. Such a sweet moment for me!

*Two questions that might be going through your head right now
1. Yes, that is straight food coloring on Kalei's chin. She LOVES it, and gets into it whether it's off the spoon I used to scoop the color out or out of the container itself. All that artifical coloring can't be good for her and I try my best to keep it out of her reach, but she always somehow winds up covered in it.
2. Yes, Kalei dresses herself (hence the dress and hoodie while sleeping) day and night. I finally hid all her winter clothes so that way even though she never matches she's at least dressed for the elements!

1 comment:

Katie Fish said...

I'm so trying this! How fun! And that picture of Kalei and Brayden melts my heart. SO sweet!!