Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Memories for Daddy Part 3

One more week and you'll be home!!! Until then, here's another day in the life of the Shum Zoo.
Yet another typical morning of weeding and a bit of preschool.
Then we packed up and headed off to Lowes to purchase material for marshmallow guns. The boys loved helping pick the stuff out and put it in the basket.
Then our little Houdini struck again. Took a quick detour through the garden center. Tavita was there one minute then gone the next.
I ran through all the garden area trying to find him with no luck.
Finally decided (in complete panic) to have him paged. Walked up to the front and realized all the talking I though went in one ear and out the other actually settled in between. He realized he was lost, went and found an employee saying he needed help finding his mom. Only problem is that his cute little voice gets even more difficult to understand when he's nervous/scared. They thought he was saying "Lisa" since he only says the "Rissa" part of my name. Every time they'd repeat what they thought he was saying he'd say "No!" So they weren't quite sure what to announce.
Headed off to swim lessons.
Boys are already going through with drawls about lessons.
Promises of future lessons didn't do much, they want the same teachers.
Went and ran some errands. Gone a total about 3 hours.
Walked in and heard water running.
Brayden had left the hose on FULL blast to water the flowers. The ones right next the window well.
The window wells were full. One with about 4 inches, the other with about 7. The one with 7 was above the window base.
Panicked for a 2nd time that day and ran down stairs imagining more water damage, as if we didn't have enough of that over Memorial weekend.
Luckily just a bit of water on the window sill.
The two heart stopping moments (along with all the other usual daily stresses) caught up to me. I snapped, wanted to through a fit just like the ones I had been listening to that day, but realized I was about a quarter of a century too old for that.
Recovered, apologized, and we were good again.
Had a good lunch, took some naps. During nap time we had a crazy storm. Went from clear skies to howling winds, black skies, thunder and torrential rain, back to sunny skies again. Kept going through the cycles.
Tried to hit a clear patch and plant the flowers (I almost lost a child over them, figured I better make sure I put them to use) Didn't stay all too clear, but they're in.
Headed to the park for some bike riding. Little John didn't think thunderstorm and rain made for good biking weather. Brayden thought otherwise so we went. Sadly he took a pretty bad fall (escaped with only scraped hands) early on and wasn't too into riding after that. Started pouring so we headed home.
It was marshmallow gun making time!
We measured!

Then we cut! (well I cut, don't worry I'm making sure all your kids fingers and toes are intact when you get back)

Then we sanded the ends to make em nice n smooth. (didn't want to cut lips on jagged edges)

Then we lined all out pieces out to make sure we had what we needed. (Well Brayden did, Tavita was having too much fun with Iron Man and the pieces)

We used out big muscles and pused as hard as we could to make sure everything fit together nice and tight.

Then it was time for war!
Two favorite moments of the day. Brayden had jammed two mallows in his gun before I could show them how to use it. I had no idea how fast those little guys come flying out and blew with all my might. They came zinging out and nailed Kalei (who was minding her own business, putting the finishing touches on her gun) right on the forhead. Shocked her a bit, the other three of us didn't breathe for a few minutes we were laughing so hard.
Then we moved things outside where Tavita crammed what I thought was 2-3 marshmallows in his gun. I tried clearing it out and UNLOADED like 10 on Brayden. Tavita had been blowing so long they had all gone soggy. They stuck to his neck, clothes and hair. Another good laugh.
Brayden had fun going around shooting the neighbors as they got out of the car (only ones I cleared first) He nailed Rach and Paul then Paul had him wait and get his sister-in-law as she pulled up.
Tavita is still working on strengthening his lungs to get enough umph behind his blows.
Kalei just like running around with her gun and eating the marshmallows.


Bowzer was in heaven running around eating all the marshmallows off the ground.
Babysat the Shorts. We made pizza and watched a movie.
Then, we collapsed!

No comments: