Thursday, June 30, 2011

Memories for Daddy Part 4

Been missing you BAAAD today. I've never gone this long without talking to you and it's driving me insane. Good thing we have 3 beautiful munchkins to keep my mind off of things!
Sorry no pictures, got too busy and kept forgetting to grab the camera.
Morning was mostly spend hanging out with Kalei. She was in the cutest mood, couldn't stop talking, wanted to play all kinds of games.
The boys played at the Shorts.
Headed over to swim lessons. Final Day!!! Both boys got shining progress reports. Tavita's teacher loved how fearless he was. Brayden's loved that he was always so happy, willing to learn, and impressed with how long he could hold his breath. They both recommended they advance to the next level, only Tavita can't until he's 5.
Quickly loaded up after swim and headed straight for the library for lunchtime/storytime. Stayed for awhile after having races down the hills. Checked out some books and headed home.
We had another epic marshmallow war then I shaved Tavita's head! That's right, when your gone and a hair cut is needed only one style is available, and that's a good ole' summer buzz! He looks adorable.
I asked him if he likes it and he said "Yeah, now I don't have to pet Bowzer cause my hair feels the same as he does"
Found yet another gash in his head while cutting his hair (it was on the small side). HOW does that boy keep cracking his head open and us not knowing? At first I thought it was something sticky in his hair and trying scraping it out, then realized it was a scab!
Almost convinced Brayden but he decided he wante to wait til you got back for his haircut.
Went in to make some cookies, we had the idea when it was windy and rainy this morning. When we got around to it, it was beautiful summer weather.
By this time we had the neighborhood gang over and the cookies were disappearing as fast as they were coming out of the oven.
It was loud and crazy but I love it. Lets me know the kids are making memories and enjoying life. Kalei was right in the thick of it. She was running up and down and all around with everyone. Joined right in the gun fight. Wrestled with the best of them.
That basically sums up our day!
Few funny moments:
Found Kalei on top of the counter stealing goodies. I took her down and explained 1. She wasn't allowed on the counters and 2. She can't eat goodies without asking. Her reply in a very matter of fact way, "But I'm KA-YAY!" (She loves saying her name now)
Well in that case, by all means, do whatever you want. Who am I to stop you?

I asked Tavita why he was ignoring me when I was asking him to get ready for bed, "Because, that's what little kids do!"

At dinner, I told Brayden Uncle Tyler and Risa broke up because he was too stinky. Brayden leaned over and smelled him. Tyler asked if he thought he was stinky. "Nooo, she must have a crooked nose or something"

No comments: