Thursday, November 19, 2009

The 3 P's

And these three p's would be: Prayer, Political Correctness, and Pyrex

Prayers:
Tavita is finally getting to the point where he wants to say prayers. Before whenever we'd try to help him say a prayer he'd just say, "No". Anyway, yesterday he asked to say the prayer at lunch. I was helping him along and he was doing great. Prayer went something like this:
He'd generally repeat everything I said but where there's a parantheses he inserted himself.
Thank Thee for the food, Thank Thee for our house, Thank Thee for "pumpkins".....Please bless Daddy in "Auntie" (I giggled and repeated "in")"Mommy" in "Bray"....
I was trying to say "Please bless Daddy in Australlia" He thought I was saying "and" and he kept trying to figure out who else we were thankful for.

Politically Correct:
Brayden has a slight fetish with UPS/Fed-ex/any type of delivery driver. He fondly calls them "Boxmen". He loves a visit from them because more times than not they come bearing goodies from familiy. We see their trucks often because the guy across the street from us owns some sort of online business and is constantly sending and recieving thing.
Janessa has gotten a seasonal job as a "Delivery assistant" with UPS. We went to drop her off for orientation and as we were pulling through to go back out Brayden saw the endless lines of UPS trucks...
B: "Ohhh, so this is where all the Boxmen come from."
M: "Yep, now Auntie is going to be a Boxman."
B(with HUGE awe-struck eyes): "Wow, cool...wait, you mean she's gonna be a BoxWOMAN."
M: "Sorry, you're right she'll be a Boxwoman."
We went to go pick her up and I told him to keep an eye out for her.
B:"Is she wearing boxman, I mean woman, clothes."
M: "No, just regular clothes, she'll wear her boxwoman clothes when she drives on the truck."
The second Janessa got in the car.
B:"Auntie let me see your clothes. This is so cool!!!"

Pyrex:
I've heard a lot of stories about how Pyrex sold their copyrights to some company in China. They changed the make up of the glass in order to produce it at lower cost. However, the new components cause the glass to spontaneously explode. I didn't think it all too common until last night. I pulled some funeral potatoes out of the oven and was about to set them down with the other end of the glass just burst. I hadn't set it down on anything hot, hadn't knocked it, nothing. It just exploded in my hands. Luckily it was the other end and I didn't get cut. However, it's happened to me a good handful of other people I know. I'm now in the market for a new set of non-pyrex bakeware.

2 comments:

Jen said...

those stories of the boys are so cute. i love hearing the new funny stories about them and what they are saying! I've heard about that whole Pyrex thing but didn't know if I should believe it or not. Well now I know! Thanks for sharing! Good thing the boys weren't hanging out at your feet like my little Cam is always doing while I'm cooking.

Unknown said...

so cute and I'm glad no one got hurt!