Junior has our camera in Australia right now so I don't have any pics to post, nor will I until Thanksgiving. I decided that despite that I still needed to take the time to blog, especially so Junior can know our going ons over here.
Today the morning started with a conjested Brayden saying he was too sick to go to school. He did have an ugly sounding cough but other than that was acting fine. Tavita was the same way except he had a runny nose more than a cough (that kid's nose runs non-stop if the weather dips below 50). Even though I know he would have been fine at preschool, I didn't think it was fair to the other kids in case he was sick. Brayden was bummed about missing school so I told him we'd do school at home. He got so excited. "You'll be Miss. Katie and Tavita gets to be in my class today! I'm so excited."
I looked at the schedule and saw todays lesson was supposed to be on the First Thanksgiving and ovals. Brayden already has his shapes down pretty well and Tavita was kind of taking part in the whole school thing pretty intermitintly. I decided to skip the oval thing and focus on Thanksgiving. While I tried pulling a lesson togther I told Brayden to practice writing his name, which is how he starts his day at preschool. Note that when I try working with him at home it's like pulling teeth to get him to even trace his name. He just keeps saying he can't do it, he needs help etc. Anyway, he sits down and in two minutes is back, "Here you go Miss. Katie."
I was shocked when I looked at the paper. Granted he spelled his name "Bradyeb" but he had all the letters (except the n) there and they were all very legible. Before I could really say anything he asks, "Would you like me to write Tavita's name?" I reply, "Sure, that'd be great." Thinking there's no way anything is going to come of it. He comes back with a paper that says "Taat". He at least had an idea of what Tavita's name consisted of.
I asked: "Brayden how come you always have such a hard time writting your name for me, but do such a great job for Miss. Katie?"
His response: "I don't know Miss. Katie just tells me to do it so I do. Right now your Miss Katie so I did it."
Apparently if I ever want anything done I need to put on the Miss. Katie hat.
We then had a lesson on the First Thanksgiving, talked about the pilgrims and indians, found items around the house and compared them to what the pilgrims had (thing of soap/pilgrims had to make soap, a lightbulb/pilgrims only had candles etc).
Then we talked about chores pilgirm boys and girls would do.
We finished the day by making little tabletop turkey decorations out of paper bags. This was the one part of the lesson Tavita was totally involved. The boys loved it and they came out really cute.
Other funny things said today:
Brayden playing around with Kalei. Stops, looks at her and says whole-heartedly, "Leilei I love you so much, one day I'm gonna marry you. When you're all grown up, we're gonna get married."
At dinner today Tavita was being a stinker about staying put so I strapped him into his booster seat, which he was not at all happy about. Brayden had finished his dinner and was running around playing. He was goofing around by the couch and playfully yelled, "Help, I'm stuck!"
To which Tavita responded as he pulled on his straps that were restraining him, "No Bray, I'm MORE stuck."
We were acting out Samuel the Lamanite for FHE. Brayden was playing Samuel and had run away from the wicked Nephites (Tavita)who was threatening to kill him. As he was leaving I was playing the voice of the Lord and commanded him to return to the city. He was so into his part. He looked up the stairs and all around as if trying to figure out where the voice was coming from, rolled his eyes, then said, "Okay, if you say so."
I was vaccuming and Tavita starting chewing on the cord. Janessa stopped him and explained that doing that could electrocute him, give really big owies and he could die. Shortly after he slipped and started crying. She picked him up and said, "Did you get an owie?
"No, a really big owie, I'm gonna die."
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kids say the darnest things!
they are just too cute..
I can see Kalei's future..NO BOYS ALLOWED. when Brayden is around..hehe
and lol @ Tavita and his drama moment..too funny
hugs and kisses for the babies..
www.lemalumeredithaiga.blogspot.com
Post a Comment