Anyway, Kalei has been having some issues as far as digestion and elimination goes. In fact today marked day 4 of no doodies. We stopped giving her solids and have been pumping her full of prune juice (had to use a syringe to spray it in her mouth) and even gave her a little Epsom salt. We were preparing to take more drastic measures (aka a suppository) tomorrow. I was dreading having to do it and was wishing and praying she'd take care of things on her own. This evening we were getting dinner ready when Junior called me over to take a look at Kalei. I looked in her bouncer and noticed a nice little puddle of baby poopy next to her. This is when I had a defining moment as a mom. I found myself cheering for nasty, gooey poop.
I went to pick her up and realized it was on her other side as well, picked her up some more and realized it was all over her back and front as well. We stripped her and I was utterly shocked at the sheer volume of the mess. I was anticipating a decent sized explosion given there was several days of build-up, but I've never seen anything like it. She was wearing a bigger diaper (we accidentally opened an old pack of Tavita's size 4s instead of her size 3s) and the thing was filled beyond capacity in every direction. It was all over her chair and CAKED all over her little body.
The boys were running around plugging their noses, announcing to the world how bad it smelled (remember she'd been pumped full of prune juice). Junior was just cracking up at the whole situation, though he was kind enough to hold the sprayer for me. Janessa was a champ and took on the task of cleaning up the bouncer while I washed the culprit.
After a good spray down and a bath, Kalei was as good as new. She had a blast drinking from the sink as we washed her, after she had her fill of drink she played with the faucet absolutely enthralled with the running water.
All I can say is after 3 kids of my own and a lot of babysitting, Kalei hands down wins the award for biggest explosion I have EVER witnessed!
This picture was part way through clean up but gives you a good idea of what we were dealing with.

The proud producer!

Quick side note. As you know Brayden and Tavita see no point in reserving dressing-up for Halloween. They decided to spread the cheer and were made up into monsters for other holidays. Brayden was the 4th of July monster and Tavita was the Christmas monster, note their coordinating colors. Oh the things that entertain little boys.
8 comments:
hahahahaha....that's so awesome! I bet she felt SOOO good after that! :) Marissa, you look SO pretty in your family picture at the top of your blog. I love that picture!
Gross!!!
woo hoo!! glad it all worked out!!
WOW! that is one heck of thunder from down under! go kalei!
I agree with Brittney. You post some pretty gross stuff.
Hey I saw Jenn Meredith today she cut her hair, it looks good. It makes her look so mature. It is her new 'mom' look.
yay Kalei..hehe
WOW! I thought my girls had some pretty bad blowouts but she just put them all to shame!
and lol @ mom's comment..my new mom look?,,lol..are you saying I look OLD mom?,,,hehe
Post a Comment