1. We have recentely transition Kalei from the bassinet to the crib. We held her out as long as we could but she was hitting end to end so Janessa now has the joys of sharing a room with an infant. The transition hasn't been horrible but hasn't been easy either. I think Kalei had become accoustomed to being surrounded on all sides and the crib just feels way to open for her comfort. One night I laid her down and she was fussing a bit but figured she'd fall asleep. I went to take a shower and when I got out I realized she had been screaming the whole time. However, by this point she was starting to wind down so I didn't want to go in and wake her. Sure enough she fell asleep a short time after that. I went in to check on her and found all sorts of things in the crib with her: and extra blanket, her binky, and a nightlight. Apparently Tavita, being the ever concerned brother that he is, was quite bothered listening to his sister suffer. He had brought her all the things he requires for comfort as he's going to sleep. He has a particular blanket he needs every night and though Kalei already had one he found her purple one he has deemed as her "blankie" and given it to her. Though she has a binky she has nothing to do with however, this is Tavita's number one comfort item and obviously thought it'd help her. The nightlight was just thrown in with her, not plugged in obviously, but I guess he thought it's mere presence would help.
It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I never realized how much he truly cared for his sister until that night.
2. Last night for FHE we did some drills on what to do in case of a fire or earthquake. We established the mailbox as the place to meet in case of a fire. We had everyone go to different parts of the house, I acted like a smoke detector, and everyone was supposed to run out the neares exit and meet in our spot. When I made the noise Brayden came tearing down the stairs then crawled to the door (he was factoring in the fact there was going to be smoke). It was quite comical to watch. Once we got to the mailbox we asked what the next step was to which he replied, "Call 911". I had him practice dialing on my phone (didn't push send) then pretend to talk to the firemen. This is how the one sided converssation went:
"Hi fireman, there's a fire in my house, hurry get your truck and come put it out."
I whispered, "you need to give them your address"
He replied, "um, um, sorry fireman I don't know my address but I have a number for you, it's "999399" (an attempt to give my phone number)
We were laughing so hard at his response.
Obviously our next step is to memorize our address and phone numbers as well as register our phones.
Lastly, I love watching these two together. She truly is Daddy's little princess. She adores him and he can get her rolling with laughter. It's so cute!
1 comment:
I love that Tavita gave her all those comfort items! SO SWEET!!!
I'm laughing at your "fire drill" & picturing him crawling out of the house on his knees & "calling" the firemen.
Those ARE the stories you will be so glad you wrote down so you can always remember!
Post a Comment