So as you saw in a previous post my boys have taken to sliding down the stairs. First it was a laundry basket, the other night it was more of flinging themselves down the stairs to see who could bounce around the most. I decided my constantly warning them of broken bones and bloody noses was falling on deaf ears. Rather then continue with another lecture, I busted out the sleeping bags and showed them the proper way to slide down the stairs in order to gain maximum speed. The slick exterior of a sleeping bag provides the ideal sliding surface. They had an absolute blast and it was hillarious watching them. Their little bodies are so light that they start sliding but then are bounced into a sitting position and at times would catipult off the stairs. Needless to say the sleeping bags stay up on the top shelf and there's an understanding that they can only slide down when there's a grown-up helping them. Ever since, they haven't made any other attempts to slide down with any other objects; they just ask for the sleeping bags.
Quick side note, as much as I enjoyed this activity in my younger more spry days, my body took quite the beating trying to demonstrate how it's done. Why did I ever find getting bounced up and down on stairs fun?



After a long day of sliding, Tavita likes to lay back and bust open a cold one.

yes, that is straight lime juice, the kid loves the stuff. I have to keep it up out of his reach in order to save his enamel.
2 comments:
maybe you should have them slide down the family room stairs. shorter and a softer landing.
mom
hahaha! that picture of tavita is the best! he looks like such a little dude! ahahahha!
Post a Comment