On Saturday we spent the morning relaxing and watching conference. Brayden and Tavita ate nothing but sugar (sugar cereal, carmel corn, the frosting for the cake, more carmel corn etc). After the 2nd session of conference we had a little get together with a few friends. Obviously they know Tavita all too well because he got all Tonka toys. He was in heaven being surrounded with his new trucks. We then ate pizza and had cake and ice cream. Tavita was so cute with his cake. When he went down for his nap I was just putting on the base layer of frosting and when he woke up I had just finshed putting all the cars and planes on. He looked at the cake and said, "Wow!" and immediately tried to drive the cars on the road. I had a dump truck full of "dirt" and he dumped it all over the road. Junior moved the cake into the room, we let him play with the train track going around the cake then took him out after he tried eating the cake. He kept begging and begging to be let in the room to play. When we took the cake out to sing he was so excited. We cut a few slices off to eat then let the kids go to town. By the end all the adults were laughing beacuse it seriously looked like the scene of an earthquake. Broken roads, sunken cars, hills where there weren't hills etc. But hey, that cake entertained the kids for FOREVER and Brayden and Tavita have been playing with it all day today as well.

Chillin at the hockey game

Playing/Eating his cake

the big #2!

Opening presents

Tonka...

and more Tonka!

Blowin out the candles

Cutting the cake

The aftermath (this pic doesn't do it much justice, havoc had been had)

Hours later, still playing!
Top 5 Reasons I'm so glad we're blessed to have Tavita in our family...
5. His moves. This kid loves to jump and jive. You put on music and he can't help but to bust out a move or two. Even when he's snoozing on our shoulder, if he hears music he'll start kicking his leg soon he's fully awake a jammin out!
4. His sensitivity. He's so intense the majority of the time you would think him to be sensitive but he always manages to sense when you need a big hug or a cuddle session. If he sees you have an "owie" he becomes very concerened and follows you around the house with a pair of tweezers or anything else he thinks will fix the problem and pokes and the injury.
3. The way he goes to bed and wakes up. When we lay this boy down to sleep he gives us a cute wave and rolls over with his book until he's asleep. When he wakes up there's never crying he just sits up in bed and calls "Guys, hey guys!" If we take a while we'll hear him jumping around in his crib. No matter what, when we walk in we're greeted with a huge grin.
2. Curious, curious, curious. I have nver met a child more intrigued with his surroundngs or more set on discovering the world around him.
1. That contagious laugh and smile! No matter how hard of a day it's been or how much mishchief he gets into, he just needs to flash his smile or let out a giggle and I can't help but to smile back.
5 comments:
SO CUTE SO FUN
Wish we could have been there. Maybe then you would not of had to remind me. But I did remember last Monday. UHG the stress of life.
I was just going through the home videos from the past few years. I can't believe I have three grandchildren and number four is on her way. And Brayden is going to be four. Boy oh boy was Brayden smothered in attention when you guys lived here. Has Junior thought about naming the baby Kalei Sileiloa
Happy Birthday!! I loove the cake! You did such a good job! One day, I'll make a cool cake like you!!
Oh man...I remember the day he was born! Crazy that he's TWO!! Looks like you guys had a FUN, sugar filled birthday...just how they're suppose to be! :)
Hello Marrisa! I found your blog:)
How are you? Where do you live?
You have the cutest little kiddos!
Oh! if you want to view my blog email me @ jeremyandgretchen@myway.com and I will add you to my readers.
Post a Comment