Just had to post these pics. I love watching the boys "help" their daddy. They are both so facinated with tools. I think all the work we are doing on the house is rubbing off on them!



Easter
Our Easter was quiet but fun. Mom kicked off the weekend by totally blowing it. Brayden was so excited to go to the Samoan ward Easter Egg hunt. For some reason I got it in my head the activity was from 1-3 (had the flyer but did I bother to look at it, of course not!). We got out the door 10 min late cause Tavita wasn't wanting to wake up from his nap. As we were driving I called my friend to see if they had started and she replied like I was a little stupid, "Ummm yeah, we're finished." I was dumbfounded, since when did any Samoan start right on time let alone finish within 10 minutes. She then continued, "It was from 11-1." OOOPS!!! Needless to say Brayden was pretty let down and kept asking for the rest of the day why we missed the party.
We came home and dyed some Easter eggs instead. Both the boys loved it and lasted a lot longer than I expected. I don't know what it is about 2 year-old but they always have this need to drink the dye. Brayden did it when he was Tavita's age and sure enough when we put the dye in front of Tavita he immediately started a taste-testing of all the colors. After the dying, we had a little lesson on why we celebrate Easter. The next morning we went to church and came home to find out the Easter Bunny had come. The boys had the time of their life doing an egg hunt (luckily the weather was nice enough cause we'd been having a TON of rain the day before). Everytime Brayden found an egg he'd let out this evil sounding laugh then continue running exlaiming how, "This was the best Easter ever!!!" Tavita would find one and yell, "Egg!". He was really into it for awhile until he realized there was candy in the eggs and his desire to find the eggs was quickly overcome by his desire to eat!
The boys got bubble guns in their baskets and they were an absolute hit.










Spring Weather, Yeah Right!!!
Like most people when I picture Spring I imagine nice moderate temperatures, flowers blooming, and rain showers. We have had very few days thus far you could consider nice fair weather ideal for hanging out outside. We've been having a lot of snow and rain storms, but yesterday was the winner. Yesterday we left for my ob appt in a pretty chilly rain storm. When we walked out of my appointment it was an absolute white out! You could barely see in front of you. It continuted on all day and night and this is what we woke up to this morning. I'm sorry, but I am NOT okay with a scene like this in mid-April. There is so much snow it's crazy! All the beautiful blossomed trees are sagging to the ground from all the snow and the tulips are flattened. If you look at the 2nd picture you can see a huge branch on one of our trees snapped and out neighbors had an entire tree fall over. Warm weather PLEASE come soon!



5 comments:
oh man i am so not jealous of you right now. i can't wait to get up there though and see you guys!
What is that blue thing that Tavita is helping Junior put together?
Snow should only be from Thanksgiving time to Dec. 29th. Then you go someplace like HI to enjoy New Years Eve. And a tepid winter.
Mom
THAT'S SPRING?
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME..
HHMM..NOW IM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ABT MOVING UP THERE..
NO THANKS..LOL
I was so sad when I read about Brayden asking why you missed the party...poor little guy!
Okay, now just be thankful you don't live in Rexburg, because last year, spring never came, we still had snow in June. So yeah...be very thankful! :)
Post a Comment