Saturday, April 11, 2009

All in the life of boys

It was a really slow day at work on Tuesday so I gladly volunteered to go home. I was really excited because it was the first nice (actually gorgeous) day we have had after weeks of rain and snow. I went home with the sun still shining, Junior and I loaded the kids up and headed to one of our favorite parks. The boys were shouting horray and jumping up and down they were so happy to be out at a park, and to have bread to feed the ducks was an extra bonus. We headed over to the duck pond and starting throwing in the bread. The pond is surrounded by large rocks for people to stand on as well as to act as a barrier from kids making a beeline into the pond. The boys were both standing on a rock and Junior and I had our eyes on the ducks. All the sudden we hear a sickening thud. We look down and Tavita had somehow lost his footing on the rock, went head first into another rock and was stuck upside down in too much shock to even cry. As soon as Junior scopped him up he started sobbing. At first we thought we were good to go because we didn't initially see any blood. I was shocked because it was such a hard fall I thought for sure he would have gotten a cut. I lifted up the hair on his forehead and saw a trickle of blood. Bummer but no big deal I thought because when Brayden split his head open (yes, he too has had staples in his head, last September) the whole side of his face was covered in blood. Tavita wouldn't let us look to closely so we carried him to the car to clean him up. As soon as we held him still and got a closer look we quickly discovered it was not just a little cutting, he had a huge gaping gash in his head. We hurried him to the after hours doctor (same place, same doctor, same room as Brayden's incident). She kept saying how gaping the cut was (thanks for helping calm the nerves. She numbed it up and put 5 staples in his head. Poor Tavita was sobbing through it all. I think it was such a hard fall that even with the numbing, he was so bruised up and sore it really hurt him. He still walks around pointing to his head saying, "owie, owie". So now both of our boys can proudly say they have had their heads stapled and I just sit and anticipate what other adventures my two active boys have in store.
List of incidences since Tavita has gotten his injury:
-Immediately after we were walking through the waiting room and he begged to go play in the little playhouse. We let him down, he stood in the door way and had a sudden urge to jump. Cracked his head on the top of the door way and melted right back into the tears that had just stopped.
-The next day he was chasing Brayden down the stairs trying to get a toy, slipped and fell down the last few stairs and hit his head.
-The next day I was about to get in the shower and heard him saying "owie, owie" I glance over at him, he has the pair of tweasers pulling at his staples.
let's just hope he makes it to Friday when they remove the staples.
We tried getting a picture of the injury but everytime we tried to move his hair out of the way he'd start wailing. This is the best we could do.




Just a little added pic. I made these for Brayden's preschool party. They were really easy to make and kids LOVE them. Just an idea if you want a fun Easter treat.

3 comments:

kuaback said...

oh man,,, first Brayden and now Tavita...hehe..must be brothers..
hope you're laxin more woman..almost there...luv luv
mememe

AZ-Ormes said...

I wish I was your doctor. THAT's job security! Rob

kuaback said...

hey, those little treats look really good rite now..hehe