Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You know you're getting big when...

So up to this point Brayden's attitude about the pregnancy has been nothing about excitement. He's always talking about his sister Rowbie, asking to feel my stomach, insists on going to all doctor's appointments etc. However, yesterday things took a turn from excitment to concern. We were getting ready for the day and I saw him staring at my stomach. He soon asked, "Mommy, when is Rowbie going to come out?" I told him not too much longer only about 5 more weeks. He got a very upset/concerned look on his face and said, "No Mommy, that's too long. I don't want your stomach to break." Throughout the day he kept repeating his concern over my stomach breaking. Apparently in his mind there is no possible way my stomach could possibly get any bigger. No matter how many times I tried telling him my stomach has been bigger than this or that mommys' stomach are made to stretch really big, he continued to be concerned. I don't know if I should be flattered by his concern for my or offended by his disgust at the size of my stomach! ;-)

6 comments:

The Fawcett's said...

haha that's funny.

Kaitlin said...

cuuuute. what a good mama's boy :)

Bert and Benton said...

hahaha oh man, brayden is definitely one of the funniest kids I know, for sure. I'm sure you look adorably prego. I say if it's your kid saying that, be flattered, if it's a stranger, or a meanie at costco asking when the twins are due, that's a whole different story!

Staci said...

Be flattered by his concern:)

That is SUCH a CUTE story!!! What a sweetheart, looking out for his mom! I can't wait to see your little GIRL!

April and Cameron said...

hahaa..i am sure you are hot, even prego :) can't wait to see the beautiful babe! i am sure she is going to be gorgeous!

Katie Fish said...

hahaha...oh little kids! So cute! Can't WAIT to see you next week!