In this midst of all the chaos of Taiven's arrival, Tavita patiently sat and waited for his birthday. He was very understanding about Taiven not being born on his birthday and about having to postpone his party a few days. Anyone that knows Tavita, knows that he is born to party! He starts planning his parties waaaay in advance (I think he has themes picked for all his birthdays until he hits 9). And the crazy thing is he sticks to them, never changes. It's nice because I know I can start collecting things here and there a year in advance, rather than having to wait until a week or two before because the theme of the party will change 10 times before then. Anyway, his theme for this year was pirates and boy was he excited for it. This year was a lot of fun because I involved him in a lot of the planning/making the decorations. Postponing the party actually was a good thing because then he got to have the party on his actual birthday (April 4th).
Few Facts about our big 5 year old:
Height: 3ft 9 in
Weight: 41 lbs
What is your favorite color? red
What is your favorite toy? my guns
What is your favorite fruit? mango
What is your favorite tv show? He-man
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? egg drop soup, hot pockets and saimin noodles (can you tell we've been minimizing all cooking the past while prepping for a move!)
What is your favorite game? soccer
What is your favorite snack? apple
What is your favorite animal? black cheetas
What is your favorite song? Anything Michael Jackson esp Thriller
What is your favorite book? We have too many for me to pick a favorite
Who is your best friend? Carson Shorts, Jeremy Hall, Conrad Bigelow and Zachary Simmons
What is your favorite cereal? Captain Crunch
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play Games and play with Bowzer
What is your favorite drink? Juice
What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Jesus Christ picture and my blue blanket
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Hootenany and waffles
What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mango and waffles
What do you want to be when you grow up? a police officer
Tavita is truly a special little boy that belongs in our family. He makes me laugh everyday. His laugh and smile melt my heart. He has an imagination that is bigger then life itself. He can occupy himself for hours creating, building, coloring etc. He loves to set up carnivals, towns, villages, caves, you name it. He truly can be entertained for hours with a plain cardboard box. One of his latest things is "watching movies" while he sleeps. The other day my mom caught him out of bed. She told him he needed to get in bed and go to sleep. He replied with, "Ok, yeah I better go watch my movie now." When my mom inquired further he said, "Everynight I watch a movie, I just close my eyes and I can see the movie. I can't hear it but I can see it." A few days ago my brother asked him what he dreamed about the night before and he replied with, "I didn't have a dream, I just watched my movies all night." He has such a free-loving, easy-going spirit that I hope he clings to as adulthood and reality encroaches on him. He's not one to show too much emotion, though he's getting more and more open. He puts off that he doesn't like attention, but in reality he loves being in the thick of things and surrounded by people. He has a fierce love and loyalty for his family members, even his sister. It is definitely one of those relationships where only he's allowed to bully his sister, anyone else does, and they have him to answer to. He loves his new baby brother and gets really bothered if he cries. He begs me to stop whatever I'm doing and go take care of Taiven if he is at all fussy. I love my little curious george more than words. Happy Birthday Mr. T!
Tavita had an extra special birthday this year. He had a TON of family in town. We were blessed to have some of Junior's family in from Aussie for a long awaited trip. They were troopers coming in the middle of our lives completely upside down. Between the move and Taiven making a slightly early arrival I'm afraid we weren't the best of hosts but Tavita thought it was great they were there for his birthday. Grandma and Grandpa were also in town to meet Taiven. We were quite a party with just our family, add the friends on top and it was quite the blowout. For selfish reason I was very grateful for all the helping hands. If it wasn't for all of them there's no way we could've had such a fun party as I was freshly postpartum and pretty useless. So THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of our family and dear "Sister Beazy" (who has stepped in for every one of my kids parties! reason #147 why I'm going ot miss her so much!)
Tavita's well planned out cake, the kid is quite the planner and expects every detail he imagines to be included. With the help of my mom and Rach, I think we got it all on there!
As the kids arrived they recieved their facial hair and tatoos, the 1st step to becoming a pirate!
The captian ready to head up his motley crew!
The then learned to talk like a pirate. Here's all the pirates halfway through their training!
A pirate wouldn't be a pirate without an eyepatch!
Unfortunately Tavita struggled a little with this portion of the training!
And others did as well!
They then recieved pirate names and played various pirate games to help them learn pirate ways.
Next, they learned how to attack other pirate ships with cannonballs (This was Tavita's and my project we did right before I had Taiven. He was very proud of it)
The baby holders enjoying the party for a quiter, safer vantage point.
Finally the pirates were just about ready so Captain Tavita enlisted them all to help find the treasure!
This young squashbuckler was particularly attentive.
They searched high and low, went through a treacherous forest,
scaled mountains
and at last found their swords, bandanas, eye patches and everything else any self respecting pirate would have! Unfortunately for Tyler, they decided he was an enemy pirate...
They didn't relent...
He tried to defend himself...
But alas, they conquered!
Then all chaos broke loose and it was every pirate for themsleves.
Everynow and then they'd take a break and pilfer through the treasure chest for their share of the loot.
The crew became hungry so it was off to the galley for a feed.
The wind helped him blow all his candles out in one breath!
The captian decided he could down the entire ship single handedly!
When asked what snacks Tavita wanted at his party his reply was "carrots, mango and pineapple" Brayden convinced him to add chips as well. The chips were devoured. Us adults enjoyed the fruits and veggies!

























1 comment:
Oh I am so glad we don't live where we did anymore. I was painful looking into the empty backyard that was not filled with kids and sweet birthday parties! Happy birthday!
Post a Comment