Monday, September 13, 2010

Looney Bin

Alas, I have procrastinated too long on getting pictures updated and the camera is now lost. BOOO! As luck would have it I have said, "Hurry grab the camera" about 15 times in the last two days only to have no camera to grab. We found Jr's watch in the coat closet stashed away, my phone was in buried in toys, so now we just have to figure out where the kids think the appropriate place for the camera is.
Luckily, my kids are entertaining enough, I still have plenty to blog about without pictures.
Here's last nights conversation. I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get the boys to clean up their playroom. Desperately trying not to lose it, I said in calm, yet strained voice:
"Boys, please start listening NOW. You're gonna wind up sending me to the looney bin!"
B: "What's a looney bin?"
M: "It's a place where they send the crazy people."
T: "YIKES"
B: "Where is the looney bin?"
M: "By Seven Peaks" (the state mental institution is by the water park here)
B: "Can we go there?"
M: "No"
B: "Why not, PLEASE!!!"
M: "No, lonney bins can be scary and dangerous"
B: "Why?"
T: "Cause it's full of MOMMIES!!!"
The rest of the night there was talk of the "looney bin" and all the scary mommies that live there.
Meanwhile, Kalei was entertaining us by showing us her many sides.
She was wearing 2 diaper covers/bloomers whatever they're called and a pair of shorts under her dress. All of which she started putting on then came to me for help to finish. So girly of her I thought, loves to play dress up.
Minutes later, she was running through the house with a spray bottle (thanks mom, they're the kids FAVORITE toys) making gun noises better than any little boy I know. So she's got a little tomboy in her as well.
Next she's jamming out to the church music we have playing. Very active, loves to dance.
Then she's sprawled out on the floor with a box of cereal (a habit she's adapted from her brother) lazily munching away, watching the world go by, refusing to move for anyone.
Funny little girl that's always on the go, never know what to expect from her!

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Wait until they tell everyone at school & church their mom is going to the loony bin - hahahaha.
Well, your life isn't boring by any means.

Katie Fish said...

hahaha, that made me laugh out loud! What funny kids you have!