As always I'm WAAAY behind on posts, but you all wouldn't know what to make of things if I was actually on top of things.
Junior wound up getting called into work tonight (this after I was just bragging at the cub committee meeting how my husband keeps cushy "bankers hours") so it's quiet and I have a minute to myself.
Started thinking how grateful I am for my life. It's definitely not a glamorous one (heck I call it a good day if I actually get myself dressed) but I love it!
I'm grateful for a husband that lets me demand him around in a million directions at once without doing anything more than rolling his eyes and giggling.
A husband that comes home from work ready to jump straight into playing with kids and helping me catch up on anything I'm behind on (cause I always am)
A husband that always finds a way to compliment me no matter the circumstance.
I'm grateful for an oldest son that loves to take on the roll of oldest and help take care of his siblings.
LOVE that his two newst phrases are "Whatever you say, whatever I do" and "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". It's helped out immensely around here.
Grateful that he still loves to sit in my lap and get kisses.
I'm grateful for a middle son that keeps me on my toes all day long. Who needs exercise when you are running full speed around and around the yard trying to catch a screaming 3 year old (he may be a half pint but man he's fast)
LOVE his giggle and his "naked boy" dance
Grateful that after a very trying day of trying to work with him he ends it by letting me cuddle him then as I'm leaving the room he calls out in the sweetest, most heart melting voice, "Mommy, I love you!'
I'm grateful for my little princess, which she truly is. Loves to put on makeup, shoes, and jewlery. Her little diva flare cracks me up.
LOVE when she breaks down into heaving giggles over all sorts of things, even if she doesn't know why she's supposed to be lauging.
Grateful for her sweet and spicy personality. Can be totally calm and content but if you cross her WATCH OUT.
Love the moments where I here all 3 of my kiddos running and playing together, shrieking in delight.
Grateful for the fact my kids desperately want to spend time with us.
Love our nightly wrestling matches, even though last nights came to an uprupt end when Tavita started laughing so hard he peed all over me and the floor.
Grateful for the mental picture I took today of my boys and two neighbor kids with backpacks on and an assortment of bats, sticks, and guns romping the neighborhood pretending to be Ghostbusters.
Love that my boys adore their little sister and she's starting to return some of that affection.
Grateful for a crazy, stinky dog that forces us to take many trips to the park, and provides much entertainment and companionship for my kids. (another mental snapshot I took today was of Kalei sitting on the back steps with Bowzer's food bowl in her lap cracking up as he ate.
Love that our family has been able to take a break from a lot of working and hoem repair to spend this summer playing and having fun.
The list can go on and on. My life may not be perfect, but it brings me utter joy everyday (even if I have to look hard past the craziness, frustrations, and screams to find it sometimes)
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment