Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sledding and Bowling

The day after Christmas we went sledding not on snow but ice. It had been a LONG time since we had a fresh snow with several "warm" days in between so the hills were nice sheets of ice. Knowing my luck with getting hurt I decided to be content just observing and taking pictures. It was absolutely terrifying to watch Junior and my brothers take the boys down. I would just sit there and cringe every time they'd go speeding down the slopes. I wanted to get some pictures of them as they came down the hill so thought I'd do just one run down so I could be at the bottom and get better pictures. Junior told me to hop on a tobaggon with him so that way he could carry it back to the top of the hill. Well two adults+a plastic sled+ not enough room to keep your feet in= PAIN!!! We went over a bump and as we were coming down my foot caught and got wrenched ROYALLY. I tried just walking it off but by the next morning resigned my self to staying off it and used crutches. After two days of taking it eays I could limp around pretty well. Now it just hurts if i bend it a certain way or run/jump. Other than my injury we all had a blast and everyone else returned a few days later after we got a fresh blanket of snow.
Brayden and Jason revving to go

Getting ready to destroy my ankle

Daddy taking Vita down

Hanging out with Uncle Jason at the bottom

Brayden racing down the hill with Uncle Ryan

Fun little snow cave at the bottom

Jenson heading down with his daddy

Tavita finally decided he had enough. Wasn't scared, just sick of the snow flying up and hitting him in the face. He just laid down like this forever, wouldn't respond to anyone. Even had some people stop to ask if he was okay.

So we found a nice small area for him to play on

Kalei was the smart one. She skipped out sitting out in the snow freezing and stayed home with Grandma playing peek-a-boo.

We took a family trip to the bowling alley. I think everyone had the most fun watching the 3 boys bowl, though my 2 boys were more interested in the arcade games and had to be pulled away every time it was their turn to go.
Grandpa and Brayden hoping for a strike.

Daddy and Tavita lining it all up

Tavita the scorekeeper

Kalei the cheerleader

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Hey Marissa, your ankle, my tailbone from sledding. :)