So today was one of those days where I forgot my camera and was kicking myself for doing so. We went to our ward's weekly playgroup at the park. The have a sand volleyball court that the kids love to dig around and play in (I'm sure the v-ball players greatly appreciate the mounds and holes everywhere!). Today they also happened to have the sprinklers going a ways off from the sand. The kids got a brillant idea in their heads that if they could somehow transport the water from the sprinkler to the sand they could build some killer sandcastles. What better to carry water in then a plastic bag that at one point was holding our graham crackers (they instantly needed to those as soon as they got the idea). The older boys initially did the bag filling but figured it was a wet dirty job they no longer wanted. They nobley passed the job on to Tavita and another little boy in the ward. These too are two peas in a pod. Both little half-pints but stocky, full of energy and mishcief, and always want to be involved. They LOVED the assignment. It was so stinkin cute to watch their two little heads bobbing along as they ran from sprinkler to sandbox faithfully carrying out their duties. Everytime the older boys needed more they'd hand the bag off to Tavita and Zach and off they'd run laughing the whole way. Oh how I wish I could have gotten a picture.
Quick sidenote. Brayden's preschool is a 15-20 minute drive from our house. I know it's not long but I hate driving all the way back home only to have to turn around and drive back 1 1/2 hours later. Any ideas of what I could do to fill time. There's a nice little park nearby that I take Tavita to play on. He enjoys it but gets kind of bored after awhile when I'm busy with Kalei and he has to play on his own. I also try to get shopping done during that time but we'll go broke if I just casually shop 2 days a week while trying to fill time.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you could give your kids a sedative and read a good book in that lovely park you spoke of...i'm just sayin' ;)
soooooooo joking!
Post a Comment