Sunday, September 20, 2009

Daredevils

So on Friday the kids were playing with Emma and Carson from across the street, a normal daily occurrence. Sometimes the four of them come with some cute, creative play (i.e. pretending the basketball hoop base is a rocket ship and their soaring through space) other times I get glimpses of things I would do in my childhood and I now see why my mom was always putting a stop to things. Friday was just such a day. I saw Carson walking around the circle with a laundry basket, kind of random I thought. They eventually worked their way inside. I walked in just in time to hear, "hold tight I'm gonna count to 3". I walk to the base of the stairs to find this.

Carson was braced behind ready to throw his full body into the shove and Brayden and Emma were sitting there thinking this was going to be the greatest ride in the world (at least Brayden had a little forethought of safety, notice the helmet). I remember trying to my siblings and I trying to use every object imaginable as a sled down the stairs. The one thing my mom okayed were sleeping bags. We had hours and hours of fun sliding down in them. They were pretty disappointed when I nixed the idea and made the resort to pushing each other around on flat ground. Next time I'll have to break out the sleeping bags

Also, Kalei has found a new favorite toy. She's still a little unsteady in it but she reaches the base just enough to balance herself but not put weight on her little legs so it's perfect. She really enjoys being in there even though she only last about 10 minutes before feeling a little overwhelmed.

2 comments:

David and Carol Orme said...

At least Brayden thinks a head a bit. Not your brothers! They would act then think. The helmet reminds be of Tyler in a shopping cart having his friends run down Anemoku pushing the cart, with Tyler in it, just past the bend in the road and let go of the cart. Thankfully he hit a telephone pole instead of going over the side of the cliff. At least they had someone watching to make sure no cars were coming. Tyler could not understand why I was upset! They were juinors or seniors in high school! I cannot imagine what you kids did that I did not catch you at, it scares me when I think about it. Whenever Jonathan starts telling me things he did that I did not catch him doing I just sit with my mouth open, speechless. WARNING! Extreem TV is not a good thing to let kids watch!
Love ya Mom

David and Carol Orme said...

What the plan was if a car came and Tyler was already flying down the hill with out any control of stopping or turning I donot know.