I can't believe Kalei is already a month old. She turned a month yesterday and growing incredibly fast. When I took her in for her 2-week appointment she had already put on a pound and I'm pretty sure she's added another pound since then. I'm already having a hard time getting her into 3-month clothes. Here's a few notables about her.
-Now that I've cut dairy out of my diet her gas has died down and she's a VERY easy going baby.
-Still wakes every 2 hours or so at night but is quick to go back to sleep after she's eaten and had a diaper change.
-Wiggles, Wiggles. This little girly is already wiggling her way off of things, onto her side, and out of her diaper.
-She HATES hairbows. We tried one for the first time last for her blessing and she kept staring up at it like what is this thing on my head.
- LOVES her Daddy and uncles. Both Junior and his brother Rodney have earned smiles from her, not gassy ones but beautiful legitmate smiles. I'm starting to get a complex, I have a 2-year old that is still yet to say Mom, Momma, or Mommy but says just about everyone elses names after knowing them just a short while (when I try to get him to say it he just smiles and laughs) and a newborn who smiles at everyone but me.
-We all adore her and are loving having a little girl in the house.



Blessing
We were fortunate enough to be able to get permission to have her blessing at home instead of at church since we had so much family in town. She had both Grandmas, Grandpas, all her uncles, (except Uncle Ross in Aussie and Uncle Tyler who's on a mission in Brazil), and the two aunties from my side.
Junior gave a beautiful blessing but it was sheer chaos. Brayden, Tavita and their cousin Cooper saw the circle of men and couldn't resist diving in the middle and knocking them in the legs pretending they were in a cage. By the time I fished them out of there a cell phone went off and kids started crying. I'm sure the bishop was deeply questioning my promise for a reverent atmosphere for the blessing. Oh well, it's a great intro to the chaotic life she is bound to lead in this family.
We have a great picture of Kalei with all her uncles but it's on a different camera, I'll have to post it later.
Our little princess

With her parents

I don't think we'll ever get a nice picture of the 5 of us

With Nana n Papa

With Grandma n Grandpa
3 comments:
oh my goodness Marissa she is sooooo beautiful!! Not that I expected anything less. She is such a good mix of Brayden and Tavita. The baby blessing sounded a lot like Macey's at home, and it was just madness. also, holy moly you are TINY, how did you do that?
She truly ADORABLE- sooooo cute!! I want to hold her (& I'm not even the grandma :)
hortence - she is just a cutie! i wanto to pinch her cheeks! you look great, as usual - i swear, you get smaller and smaller after each baby! go you!
Post a Comment