Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Pics of Kalei

Okay, here's a post I started on Sunday but finished today.
Despite cars flying at her head, being jumped on and other near death experiences, Kalei managed to make it through the first week of her life avoiding any major mallings from her brothers. Her first week of life she did nothing but sleep during teh day, literally I had to force her awake to eat. Of course once night hit she was very consistent about eating every two hours Oh well, she wouldn't be a Shum if she was a night sleeper. The past few days she's been much more alert and the boys love seeing her, "morning eyes" as Brayden calls it. She has an amazing talent of exploding from every orifice in her body. We've gone through 2 1/2 pack of diapers in one week, I'm very seriously considering going cloth, and go through multiple outfits a day. She is out to show the world that being a girl doesn't mean she has to be dainty. She out eats, poops, and burps her brothers easily! We continue to love having her around and the boys obsession with her has not lessened any at all! In fact as I write this she has a singing/dancing hat over her head and face with the boys cracking up, and Brayden was giving her a "blessing" a few minutes ago. She is going to be one tought girly! If you just look at the pics, I swear you can see her grow. She seems more like a one month old than a one week old to me!
Still in the hospital


Going home

Daddy restrianing the boys so Kalei can have a few peaceful moments to eat.

The boys LOVE to have "Rowbie" lay with them a few minutes before they sleep

A rare peaceful moment during her bath, normally HATES them!

Beautiful Kalei

One week and 20 lbs! Not really but she's getting HUGE fast.

6 comments:

Melyssa said...

She is so beautiful!!! Congratulations you guys. :) It is cute to hear how much her brother's love/smother her. Keep the pictures coming.

kuaback said...

oh my oh my she is gorgeous
i think she looks more samoan than both boys aye..
can't wait to hld you Mz Kalei
hugs and kisses from a/jenn

Staci said...

CONGRATS!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope you are doing good!!!



Can you email me your email address??? at stacki11@yahoo.com
I have a random question for you!

Katie Fish said...

Oh she is so cute! I want to hold her! Tell her to stop growing or else she might not fit the cute outfit we bought her! :) Yikes...I better hurry and send it!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Hi! I randomly found you on Jen and Tyson's blog and was so excited to see that you are doing so well! Congrats on the beautiful little girl, I'm sure it will be nice to have another girl at your house :) Haven't seen you in forever (I think since the PCC when we saw you there when I was on my honeymoon!)Just wanted to say hi!

Kathi said...

She is adorable Shums! Is her hair blond???!!!@@@##! Have fun with her - sounds like the boy are huh? :)