Friday, August 19, 2011

A Super Brayden Birthday!

I can't believe I have a 6-year old. That means he now needs two hands to show his age. That means he can ride his bike (no training wheels of course) around the corner to a friends. That means he goes to kindergarten. That means he's growing TOO fast!!!
This year his love is all about Mario so on the day of his party we transformed the house into Marioland. We had tubes, question boxes, adn bricks all over the walls with gold coins everywhere. Brayden was so excited for his party and showed each of his friends as they showed up.
The "lava level" cake (and no, nobody gave a 6 yr old flowers for his birthday, just so happens the day before Braydens birthday (aka party day) happens to be our anniversary)


As the kids arrived we made marshmallow guns (mario is a plumber, guns are made of pvc pipes plus they were the closest I could get to "fire flower powere" without risking serious injury)

While the finished and waited for others to finish they watched Mario movies. I came in to hear a whole lot of yelling looked downstairs and found this. Everytime King Koopa came on the screen the attacked, I was cracking up.

Then we had a donut eating contest (carry over from Tavita's party that Brayden really liked)

These two killed the competition

Wouldn't be a Mario party without pizza and all kinds of other food. Think the kids most liked being able to pour their own soda, we went through WAAAAY to much of that stuff. I'm sure all parents loved me.

Time to try out the guns, had I limitless supply of marshmallows, this would've never ended.

I of course had to have my own fun and turned them all on Junior

He conqured and neatly lined his dead up as he knocked them off.

Cake time!!!


Moved onto presents, made out like a bandit

The kids were mobbing him trying to get him to open their present. I told them to all sit down and we'd have them come up one by one. This brother and sister team were the only ones to listen, isn't it fitting they are the Good family.

Group hug to say thank-you.

Ended with a obstacle course going through the different Mario"levels" actually "games". First they did Mario Kart and rode the wiggles to collect balloons filled with gold coins.

Then they hopped on those little ball hopper things for Mario Galaxy. Didn't get pictures of that.
Went onto the Lava level jumping across the lava then threw "BaBombers" (don't know if that's their name but Brayden insisted we incorporated them) at King Boo


Ended with a big slide down the flag pole aka slip n slide

Lasted a short while then it turned into an all out water fight. There were water balloons everywhere but cleaned up amazingly quick when I promised the kids a marshmallow for every balloon they picked up.

Then the day after his birthday (his birthday was on a Sunday which meant most partying took place other days so he got a weekend long celebration trying to get it all in)we went out for a huge treat. Our kids almost never get to go to this place but absolutely love it when we do go. Added bonus, we got a TON of tokens with all different coupons and what not that we convinced the kid if they didn't spend them all at once we'd come back for a repeat outing (sin the pizza, I cannot justify spending $20 for pizza that is barely palatable unless it's for a birthday)




That sums up the party weekend for our first born. I can't believe I've been blessed with such a sweet little boy to lead my pack. He is so good in the big brother role. He looks out for his siblings and tries his best to set a good example for him. Even though he's quickly trying to catch up to me in height he still loves to cuddle in my lap and will give hugs and kisses to whoever is in need of it.
Latest Favorites:
Foods: cheetos, chicken and rice, cheesehamburgers, mac and cheese, spaghetti, banana, apples, grapes, green beans, cooked carrots (as you can see he's not too picky)
Movie: Superhero cartoons
Book: I Spy books
Toy: legos
Cereal: Captian Crunch
Activity: riding his bike with friends, charades, playing with friends (can't go a day without doin that)
Animal: chipmunks, deer, moose and my friends (haha)
Games: video games, especially Mario ones
Favorite thing in the world: MARIO

2 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

that was the party of the year! Happy birthday Brayden!

David and Carol Orme said...

you are a good mom, and have a good man by your side.