We're doing another sleepover in our room tonight. Think the kids are still going to push for these when you get back. It'll be interesting trying to fit all 5 of us in the bed.
Well, the past three days have been as busy as ever.
Tuesday was friends, friends and more friends. The friend count got up to 8 extras that day. Then I found out you missed your flight, panicked and kicked them all out the door.
Wednesday was another waterpark day (went with Hoovers and Gees. Since there were more "big kids" Brayden got to try the Vortex aka "toilet bowl" he loved it), then friends, friends, and more friends.
Today was library day (craft time and canopy capers) then friends, friends and more friends.
There of course has been the usual chores and preschool mixed in there. Brayden suprised me and did quite a bit of his math workbook without me even asking. He did a great job on it too!
Some of the highlights from the past three days:
-Finding Kalei scraping then eating chewed gum off the sidewalk at Seven Peaks! Yes, it was as gross to see as you are imagining. Stringy gum, compliments of some total stranger and steped on by who knows how many people, stuck all over her hands and mouth.
- Brayden yelling "Now that's the spirit!" Then turning to me asking, "What does that mean anyway"
- The kids helping me carry the groceries in last night. They were all carrying them in so happily and seemed so grown up doing it (Even little Leilei insisted i give her two bags at a time to carry). It was one of those moments where I just sat back and thought about how fast they're growing up.
- We had the Whitaker's grandkids (in visiting from Georgia) over today and their grandson walked around with one of Kalei's tutus on the ENTIRE time. I laughed everytime I saw him. Not sure what he thought it was, but he was usually slinging a gun or sword along wih it.
- Tavita's epic tantrum when leaving Seven Peaks yesterday. Ok, it wasn't a favorite moment, but boy was it memorable. I'll spare you the details but it involved: unheard of volumes of yelling and screaming, having to strap him into the stroller, him dragging his feet trying to keep me from pushing the stroller, things flying all over the place and oh so much more.
He FINALLY calmed down on the way home when he realized he was getting no where with the fit. Then by the time we got home he was walking a little gingerly saying his feet hurt really bad. Hmmmm...I wonder why.
At one point in our talk about behavior he said (all very calmly), "No Mom, you need to listen to me! I'm the one in charge." and at another point (in regards as to why he was throwing a fit) "I'm a little kid and that's what we do!"
All in all it was pretty impressive for a usually quiet kid.
- Trevor and Brianna moved on Tuesday. The kids had a blast watching them load up the truck/playing in the truck while they were trying to load it. Apparently they think people just empty their houses on occasion and pack them into trucks for fun because they had no idea they were moving. It wasn't until that night I was putting them in bed and said somethign that is struck them.
It was heartbreaking. They just started sobbing and noting I could say would console them. Hopefully Rodney stays down in the aparment for awhile because they sure don't like people moving out of there.
-Brayden's reaction when he realized he had been riding his bike by himself for a good distance. Everytime I let go he freaks out and jumps off the bike. So I decided to let go but keep running alongside him like I was still holding on and he did great! Once he stopped I told him and he was grinning ear to ear. He was so proud/excited he couldn't even speak.
- Kalei's new habit of calling me "Wissa" all the time instead of "Mommy"
-Tavita being a sweetheart and choosing the movie Brayden wanted instead of the one he was "really, really wanting" (it was his pick tonight). Decided he could watch his movie anytime and wanted to "make Brayden so, so, so excited"
- Tavita being too scared to go down to eat his breakfast because "a giant flying mosquito liked the way he tasted". He brought me downstairs to see it and I saw/heard nothing. "Mom, move out of the way and let him see me. Once he sees me he'll come because he loves eating me" Never found the culrpit but he did have a bite on his forehead.
Lastly, I loved walking in the other night and seeing this:
It was the night they realized Trevor and Brianna were moving. Tavita was so sad he was down with me and these two had cuddled up to comfort each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment