Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hawaii Part 2

Okay, the more I look at these pictures the more I realize there's no way I'm going to remember what we did each day. Other then main events (ie Christmas and wedding) these pics are going to be kind of random. Most of our trip consisted of hanging out at the beach and so that's what most of the pictures are.
The boys FAVORITE night time activity was crap hunting. Not out looking for a meal (they were too small), just the sport of catching them, seeing how many we could gather then letting them go again. All three of the kids were terrified of actually touching a crab but they had fun searching for them and running after them.
Getting ready for a hunt with the cool flashlights Grandma got them

Searching for crabs

Tavita checking out what we have so far

Look at Tavita's stomach. He wanted in the picture but was so scared the crap was going to reach out and pinch him

Brayden being brave and making an attempt to dig a crab out of the sand

By the end, they'd inevitably end up in their underwear because their clothes would get splashed by waves and they didn't like wet,sandy clothes.

Another aspect of the trip. Kalei and Jenson were constantly at each others throats. Kalei would let out an ear-piercing scream every time Jenson walked by her. Jenson thought it was a great game. However, there were a few rare moments where these two had a great time together
Both stinkin cute



If they fought too much, we just locked them in a bucket

If Jenson wasn't around as a partner in crime, Kalei found plenty of trouble on her own.

Here are some pictures from the kids FAVORITE beach "Alligator Pond." Named as such because the rock fromation in the water looks like an alligator half submerged.

Since Tavita had to keep his head dry, he liked sliding around as the waves lapped up.

Little Island Boy and his board

The boys LOVED to do "cliff jumping" off the rock.
Brayden went over and over

Even worked on his dive

Surprised by a wave while they were out exploring

Tavita still jumped, we just had to catch him on his way down to keep him dry

Just grabbing a quick snack of rocks and sand

Tavita couldn't resist and had to play in the waves, Junior held him steady to keep him from falling off.

Playing on the rope swing


Brayden trying to paddle out.

Ignore me and see if you can spot Brayden after being slammed by a wave

7 comments:

Heidi Mae said...

Crap hunting sounds stinky. ;)

Staci said...

can you please take me with you next time you go to hawaii?? I think it is shame I have never been:(

Luke and Erin said...

Yeah, I am ready to go! Love Lei Lei's dress ;) and to your previous post, 600 pictuers? that's it? I take that many on a weekend trip... YIKES, I am bad!

looks like so much fun!

Katie Fish said...

Okay, all these pictures are making sitting in my apartment in negative degree weather really miserable! :) I'm so jealous! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't wait to see parts 3 through 10. :)

Hahaha, Heidi's comment! :) I got a good chuckle out of the "crap hunting" too. :)

MamaT said...

Totally jealous. I want to visit again sometime in the future, but now we are buying a house and that will keep us from doing any extravagant vacations for a while. The pics at the beach were beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

benton said...

My favorite part is the pic of you crackin up at Brayden being taken out by a wave. So Marissa. hahaha

Bert and Benton said...

so that benton commenT was me not benton fyi