The boys were out playing in the yard with our neighbors while my mom and I watched from inside. They had turned on the hose to rinse their hands. Next thing we know they have the sprinkler going full blast with shirts off. Had I been a good mom, at this point I would have said, "No, it's too cold, turn it off." But instead I said, "Take your shoes off so they don't get soaked." They interpreted this to mean, "Strip down to your unders." Had I been a good mom at this point I would have said, "Enough, clothes back on and hose off." Instead, I grabbed the camera and snapped some beauties of them having the time of their lives in the ICY and I mean ICY water.
"Attack the water. I am not it's prey!"


Into the icy depths goes Tavita

Brayden taking it on

Not to be shown up boy the boys, Emma proved a girl could hang too!

While running around in their freezing bliss, Carson (our neighbor boy/the boys' brother from another mother) picked up a bat and flung it to get it out of the sprinkler. As he did so, Brayden ran right into the line of fire and got this humdinger of a goose egg on his head. A week later he now refers to it as his "chicken egg" because it's no longer big enough to be a goose egg.
These pictures do it NO justice. You could see his bump before you could him when he turned a corner.


While the kids were turning themselves into ice cubes, Bowzer continued his day long battle with this cat. He/she decided to make our house it's home for the day and was very friendly toward the kids. Bowzer was a different story. He constantly hissed, batted at, pounced on, and chased Bowzer. Did Bowzer get a clue he wasn't wanted, of course not. He thought it was the greatest game ever and loved having a playmate.

After the festivities, Brayden took his favorite little sister for a cruise. She thought he was pretty cool for doing so.

Tavita was so tired out from all the playing he couldn't even stay awake to eat dinner.

Junior brought home a giant box from work. It has been the source of much entertainment for the boys. A few days ago I handed them some markers and told them to decorate the box. Brayden apparently thought I said "Tavita" instead of "box"

Today was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Sunny, clear, and warm. We spent the day getting stuff done and just enjoying the fact it was nice enough to be out. We were eating lunch outside and Kalei played in her exersaucer. She was completely content babbling away when she suddenly let out an excruciating scream. We looked down and there was a wasp, yellowjacket, hornet or whatever (I can't tell those things apart) crawling around on her stomach. I swatted it out, picked her up, and sure enough there was a red welt forming on her thigh. She screamed good and hard for 5 minutes or so but thanks to some ice, tylenol, and a cigarette (for the tobacco to make a paste and take the sting out not a smoke to calm her nerves) she was back to her smiley self again.
Shortly before

Shortly after (She's one tough cookie!)

Brayden has been begging the past couple days for me to dig out his sunglasses which I packed away last summer. I pulled them out and he transformed into Mr. JoeCool fo the day.
2 comments:
Awww...sprinklers..that so reminds me of YOU, Marissa! :) How fun! Looks like life is great for you guys! Can't wait to see you next week!
Never a dull moment, never.
You should check out Afterbite, it has the effect of ice, tylenol and tobacco all in one handy little stick. works wonders. Although hopefully you wont be dealing with any more hornet/bee stings anytime soon.
Post a Comment