Before I begin I just need to point out that Brayden is normally a very level headed kid and listens surprisingly well. Rarely will he talk back or throw fits. This said, two weeks ago he was on a real roll. We don't know if it's because he had spent the previous day playing with a friend who tends to be pretty disrespectful to his parents, or if he was overtired, or overstressed and felt the need to vent feelings. Whatever it was he was angry at just about everything and was letting us know it. However, instead of the normal yelling and screaming, Brayden decided to throw a little creativity into his attitude. Here's just a few samplings of what we heard that day:
He was upset at me because I wouldn't let him play the DS and told him do something that didn't involve video games or tv.
his response (while waving his hand over his head): "Why don't you just get a bunch of balloons and float away."
Yeah, I was just randomly laughing out loud for days whenever I thought of that because I'm sure Brayden had a very clear picture in his head of me floating off into the sky with a handful of balloons.
Junior had put Brayden into time out for throwing a fit and hitting at him when he tried to go over and talk to him. Junior continued to go upstairs with Tavita for baths but I was around the corner in the kitchen but I don't think Brayden was aware of anyone else around. This is what I heard.
"I'm so angry at Daddy. I'm just gonna leave and go live with some nice pirates."
Apparently the idea of a carefree, pirate life was just what he was in the market for but he didn't go to much for the mean side of pirating.
I was asking Brayden to do something as he was walking down the stairs. He froze, let out a long grunt and said, "That's it, your over."
I asked him what he meant and he yelled, "Your boring days are over! This always telling me what to do, and not to play PBS kids and games. It's over, you're through! Do you understand me, you're through!"
We didn't even have a response to this one. Junior and I just busted up laughing which made him even more upset.
All three of these lines have now become a joke in our home. Brayden laughs along with us. It's days like this that makes me so grateful that Brayden is normally such an easy going kid. He's usually so quick to obey and always very willing to help me out around the house.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh my gosh! This could possibly be the funniest thing I've ever read.
Hahahaha! Agreed, I am still laughing. That is so awesome! Who knew that expressing anger could be so much fun! :)
Post a Comment