Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just for laughs

Life with a new puppy on top of three kids has been CRAZY. Among the many things neglected has been my blog and the taking of pictures to post on the blog.I just quickly wanted to record a few of the funny things the kids have been saying lately

-A few months ago we took a trip down to Arizona. While there visiting my aunt and uncle, Tavita became OBSESSED with Uncle Rob. He deemed him Uncle Papa because he looks so much like my dad. The first time Tavita saw "Uncle Papa" he thought he was my dad and was pretty disappointed to find out it wasn't. However, after some cool rides in the corvette, scorpion hunting, and an overall good time, Tavita was hooked. It is now a daily routine for Tavita to ask for Uncle Papa, and begs for me to drive him there.

-I took the boys to get their H1N1 vaccines about a month ago. Brayden knew what was coming and was pretty apprehensive. Tavita was relatively clueless and happily volunteered to go first. He jumped when they first pricked him but was fine afterward. Brayden was also pretty tough, cried a little but sat very still for them. In the end they got cool band aids and a sucker. I told Brayden they had to go back for a 2nd shot at Christmas. Brayden looked at me and exclaimed, "But I've been a good boy, why do I get a shot for Christmas."
Tavita was SOLD on the whole shot thing (obviously has a high pain threshold.) He kept asking to back for another shot. In fact I was taking them to Toys R Us to make Christmas lists and Tavita said, "No, I want go get more shot!" It took me over a week to get him to take the band aid off. Even now he'll take my purse and keys and say, "Bye Mommy, I go get shot." STRANGE boy!!!

-While Junior was in Australia we were blessed with a little fury visitor. Poor Tini (Junior's cousin who lives downstairs) is TERRIFIED of rodents and that is were Mr. Mouse decided his home should be. I bought some traps and decided they'd be no problem to set. WRONG! These buggers were sensitive. I tried repeatedly to set them only to have them come snapping down (one time on my finger). Janessa joined the effort to no avail. Every time we'd set one and go to let go Tavita would cringe and shield his eyes "No,no,no, please, no." Finally had to call on our neighbor to set the darn things. One went off after I brought them back home and I was able to set it. It worked though, Mr. Mouse was sent to Mouse Heaven the very next day.
Brayden kept begging to see the mouse. I told him I sent him to a happier place. Brayden replied, "He's happy here, where is there a happier place." Ummmmm....

-Brayden has been learning new songs for his preschool Christmas program. He got in the car one day saying, "Mommy I learned a really funny song today about you kissing Santa." For days after he kept asking me to kiss Santa when we saw him. Finally I said, "I think the song is talking about a mommy kissing Santa because the daddy was dressed up as Santa." His reply, "No Mommy, Daddy is at work, you get to kiss the real Santa!"

-We had a FHE lesson on the different symbols of Christmas. Now every time Brayden says a prayer he has to include, "Thank thee for the star so we can remember the birth of baby Jesus." We can't pass a star without him telling us the start is to remind us of when Jesus was born. It's really cute.

-Janessa helped the boys wrap some Christmas presents for me and Brayden was really excited about the surprise. Tavita was always carrying the presents around begging to open them. Brayden would dutifully take them away and put them back under the tree. One day we wrapped a present in a gift bag for Brayden to take to a birthday party. Soon after we realized one of the presents to me was missing. We were searching everywhere. I went to pick Brayden up from the party and he came running to the door, "Jaxon opened your present." Apparently Tavita had slipped the present into the bag with Jaxon's present. He opened it and kind of stared like, "umm, okay." (it was a figurine for my Christmas village). Apparently Brayden gave him a bit of the what-for for opening my present. He was pretty disappointed the surprise was ruined.

We had a VERY nasty slush storm on Sunday. It was like walking through a Slurpee 2-3 inches deep on the driveway. We were trying to get ready out the door for church, Tavita took one step out the door and said, "Mommy, lets go to Hawaii and go to the pool." Pool is his catch phrase for any sort of swimming. At that moment, I couldn't have agreed with him more.

No comments: