Thanksgiving: We were very traditional on Thanksgiving. I was at work ALL day, it's our busiest day of the year, plus by working it I ensured get a good amount of time of for Christmas. With no family around and no real plans we figured might as well go ahead and work so we can truly enjoy Christmas. Junior and the boys were going to fill their day with traditional Thanksgiving activites, go to Toy R Us, eat dinner at Carls Jr(the boys favorite place), you know the usual. However, apparently Mimis Cafe(where I work) is the only business with no true Thanksgiving spirit because every where else was closed. They went home and enjoyed a day of playing around and eating a festive dinner of Top Ramen. We did spend a short while observing the holiday. I finished work at 8, brought home a couple Turkey dinners and we had a little picinic on our floor while we watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving (This is where I would insert the picture.)
Until I download the pictures from our camcorder, I'm going to skip a couple weeks and bring us to this Monday. We had Brayden's preschool Christmas party and it was an absolute blast. The boys loved being able to run around a play, we had dinner, made little reindeer candycanes, read books, and traded presents. We even had a visit from Santa, and he was the jolliest Santa any of the boys have ever met. Way to go Walter! It was great because he knew all the boys names which really impressed them. The boys then sang some songs for Santa while he danced along then Santa handed out presents to everyone. After Santa's visit, Brayden is even more excited for Christmas, which I didn't think was possible. Tavita was pretty unsure of Santa at first, he ran and hid between Junior's legs. I tried to get a picture but there were too many kids between me and them. After seeing other kids sit on his lap, Tavita decided Santa was an okay guy and wouldn't leave him alone after that.
Making reindeer candycanes. (don't ask why Brayden is dressed as Spiderman, that boy is ALWAY dressed up as something)

Reading a book, attempting to teach the kids the true meaning of Christmas

Santa's Here!!!


Kids singing for Santa

Santa jammin along with the kids

All the kids with Santa (we took a million of these and didn't have ANY of everyone looking or even standing still)

The first time Brayden sat on his lap, Santa told him not to forget to leave him some cookies on Christmas. So right before Santa left, Brayden grabbed a plate of cookies from the dessert table, gave them to Santa and climbed back on his lap to tell him about the Christmas lights on his house (guess he wanted to make sure Santa knew what house was his)

Total random note, but I want to record for memories sake. Tavita's latest thing is making different faces. We say, "do your happy face" and he gets a big smile, Surprised face warrants wide open mouth and eyes, Angry face is made by knitting his eyebrows and scowling etc. Today at breakfast we were tyring to teach him sad face. Junior was showing him by getting a really big pout. Apparently he has a really big lower lip because Tavita's imitation was sad eyes and sticking his tounge out.
1 comment:
Love Tavita's face in last pic.
Mom
Post a Comment