So, I sat down at the computer for a few minutes while I ate my lunch (about all the computer time I get in a day). I was just about to get up and start dinner when Brayden came downstairs from his nap. I asked him if he wanted to help me make dinner, normally a task he loves. He looks at me still in a daze and croaks out, "I need to finish waking up first." He proceeded to push me back down in the chair, climbed into me lap and fell fast asleep. So here I sit with a to-do list so long I don't even dare to write it down unable to do anything but tinker around on the computer. I guess I should be grateful for the little break.
With Brayden curled up in my lap peacfully sleeping, I started thinking about a little lesson he taught me at the beginning of the month. As you all saw from my last post Labor Day here was cold, rainy, and miserable. Not my definition of a way to celebrate the end of summer. Up in the mountains it was snowing. Brayden and I were driving in the car and I mumbling about how I couldn't believe it was already snowing and how much I hate snow. Brayden innocently injects, "But Mom, Heavenly Father gave us snow and it's beautiful." Instantly humbled, I stopped my complaining and said, "You're right sweetie, it is beautiful isn't it." He responds, "Yeah Mommy it is, I can't wait until Heavenly Father makes it snow down here." It was a great reminder for me to find the good in all things rather than complain.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so true! He's so cute!
awww what a sweet boy....i lesson i need too!
aaawww..such a lil cutie
hope you guys are doing good up there
and uumm..COngrats on the baby news
Ryan told me
SOOO cute! What a sweetheart!!!
Snow?
What's that?
super cute boys
super awesome parents
and your kitchen is ugly
enjoy it...i just returned from Ecuador your kitchen didn't look all that bad
love
lana
Post a Comment