Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our First Set of Stiches (actually staples)

Last Sunday the boys were playing in their jumping castle (Brayden's birthday present). The scene looked much like this and all was peaceful.

Soon, their Uncle Ryan decided to spice things up a little and the scene got a little more precarious.

The boys were having the time of their lives and begged for more and more. and got braver and braver.

It didn't take long before the scene changed dramatically and we were here.

With Brayden's head looking like this.

Now it looks like this.

You would think that getting launched out of the castle, slamming into the hinge of a door and splitting your head open would deter Brayden but oh no. With his head covered in blood and tears running down his face, Brayden was trying to climb off my lap saying, "I want to do that again." When we got back from the doctors, what were the first words out of his mouth? "Mommy, throw me around in the castle." He wasn't at all trumatized by the experience. He thought it was great that instead of going to bed he got to eat a sucker and watch Cars. The don't even use shots to numb you any more. They pour this liquid on and let it sit for 15 min, and walaah no pain. Like any head wound there was a lot of blood and poor Ryan felt horible but all in all, it really wasn't that bad of an injury (only 2 staples, it was a weird cut and they couldn't hold it together with stiches) and Brayden was up and running the next day as if nothing happened.

7 comments:

Heidi Mae said...

The first big bloody injury is always the worst. Glad everything turned out ok. Now you can say you're a seasoned mother. :) I'm sure you'll have many more to come.

Unknown said...

wow. glad to hear he's ok. boys will be boys!!

Staci said...

Marissa!!! Whenever I think of you, I think, "Man, I wish she had a blog...so we could keep in touch!" I'm so glad you found mine! Your kids are SO stinkin cute & sorry about the staples in the head:( Parker split the middle of his forehead open a few months back...I think it is a boy thing & stitches are just going to be part of my life from now on:)

Hope you guys are doing great! I'm excited to see more pictures of your family now!

Bert and Benton said...

So, I don't think anything will ever phase your kids in the way of pain anyway. I wanna know what your reaction was? hysteric laughing or were you scared this time with the blood? I'm glad he's ok!!

http://ragdollclothing.blogspot.com/ said...

Happy b-day Braeden! I can't believe how big our kids are getting. Primary in January...that's crazy!! I really hope Nixon has hair like him! Also happy late b-day and anniversay! I'm glad you posted a wedding pic cuz I don't think I ever saw one. So this is what I have to look forward to w/ a boy?! Unfortunately Ashton is just as much trouble and can climb anything (including our block fence!). Your kids do have Orme in them so I'm sure there's a lot more blood on the way!

AZ-Ormes said...

Hereditary !

kuaback said...

bad uncle ryan..bhahaha