Sunday, April 6, 2008
Happy Birthday Papita!!!
Well it's been forever since I've posted. I need to be better so that way my post aren't always a mile long. So I'm going to skip over these past couple weeks and will keep this as short as possible. Just wanted to dedicate this post to my half-pint Evil Kanevil. Tavita turned one on Friday, this year has flown by and he has kept things busy for us. I often refer to him as our dog beacuase there are times where I feel like I'm raising a puppy rather than a baby. He chews on EVERYTHING, loves shoes, always has trash strewn everywhere, drools like crazy, drinks from the toilet (finally bought toilet locks), eats off the floor (he was sprawled out licking the Wal-Mart floor the other day),and manages to get into everything. He truly has a passion for life. He has never been one to sit and observe. Since he was a newborn he always wanted to be faced out and exploring the world around him. He is one never to back down from a challenge, if he's trying to climb ontop of the couch, the counter, the bed, the changing table, up the slide at the park, or anywhere else most 1-year olds will leave alone he keeps trying no matter how many times he falls until he succeeds. We went to get his 1-year pics done and they asked me if he was okay standing if he had something to hold on to. I just laughed. And sure enough they could hardly get any shots in because he was running around everywhere. But him on a little ledge, he climbed down and ran to the computer, put him in a rocking chair, he climbed out and ran, tried sticking his legs through the back of a chair, got out of that too. Like I said, he's not one to sit around but wants to be out there exploring. You can't talk about Tavita without mentioning his incredible appetite. He eats more than Brayden and I'm not talking baby food: apples, steak, chicken, rice, EVERYTHING!!! Only he's taking after his dad and starting to refuse vegetables. I'm so grateful to have Tavita and all his spunk and character in my life. He keeps me hopping, no need for the gym when he's around, also keeps me laughing. He loves to dance (does the haka), sing, and sword fight (sound and everything included) The local grocery store here gives a free cake for 1-year birthdays and writes Happy Birthday with the childs name included. I told them his name was Tavita, the girl looked at me and repeated what I thought was "Tavita", I nodded, she gave me a funny look and started writing. I sat there thinking, "come on it's not that unusal of a name". With a few flicks of her wrist she was finished, handed me that cake, and I started walking out. I looked down and read, "Happy Birthday Papita" I started cracking up. I would've taken a picture but Brayden was so excited to show Tavita his cake that he flipped it sideways and the writing came off. Nonetheless, I love my little Papita! Here's a little slideshow, since I'm so bad at posting, I have to create these to put all the pics together so my post aren't any longer than they already are. Our camera is slowly breaking so the pics aren't too high of quality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
happy birthday tavita..i mean papita. that is hilarious! hopefully one day i will get to shake papitas hand and play with him.
yeah - that Chilean comment on my blog was weird. i think it was spam or a virus or something...oh well.
hope you guys are good!
I think I see your sister around on campus at Kahuku High and I was going to ask her for your email address but I never got the guts to go and do it cuz I didn't want her to think I was a stalker. Anyway, I'm glad I found you! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing! I can't believe how old your little boys are now!! Time sure does fly! Glad to read that you're doing good!
hahaha...that's pretty dang funny! Happy Birthday Papita! ONE!! I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday you were calling me to come babysit Brayden so you could go to the hospital to have Tavita. So crazy!
Happy Happy Asofanau Papita
you have grown so much
and I can't believ Brayden has black hair..I always thought he had brown goldish hair..
missing you guys
Jen & Sam
Papita!! Oh man thats great, you named your little boy "little potato" only you horty! I hope Tavita's b-day was fantastic!!!
Post a Comment