Friday, March 14, 2008

Life in P-Town

So, here's a post I started Friday but just got around to posting.

Any of you that know me know that I am definitely much more of a warm weather person than a cold. I love just about everything about summer: the warm, the green, the activities, the BBQ, the water etc. However, I equally detest winter and just about everything there is about it. I do enjoy the cold and snow for the holidays because it adds to the whole atmosphere of things. However, if it's not Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day than I expect it to be in the 70s or higher. I think I was the only one in the entire town, perhaps state, that never once grumbled about the abnormally high temperatures and extended summer we had this year. However, I was probably the #1 complainer about the cold. I grumbled about having to bundle the kids up to walk across the streed (we were ALWAYS late to everything, about being stuck inside all day, about shoveling my driveway, about having to wait for the car to warm up, about the lack of sun etc, etc. One could imagine my joy when I was able to take the kids out earlier this week and play outside without feeling the need to race into my warm and toasty house. Just as I was getting all geared up for fun filled days in the sun, Mother Nature decided to play a trick on me and give me a bunch of clouds and a forecast of rain/snow for the next three days. UGH!



Anyway, so here I sit on my comptuer instead of outside. I'm actually relatively caught up on housework and have both kids down for naps. Times like this are a true rarity. So what do I do with my few golden moments of freetime? BLOG! I knew there was a reason I never wanted to start this. So, since all you encouraged me to start one, you now get to listen to my random thoughts. Last night we had a Relief Society "Birthday Party". We had a speaker that was absolutely amazing. If I had to make a list of my top 10 favorite talks this talke would make it. I left feeling grateful for trials and ready to take on the world. She used quotes from the general authorities that really put things into perspective. One of my favorites was (paraphrased) "EVERY trial we have no matter how big or small is absolutely vital to our eternal salvation. The Lord loves us so much he would never give us an ounce of trial more than that which is neccessary for us to gain exaltation." She encouraged us not only to try and "survive our trials" but rather "not shrink from them" or in other words, when confronted with a trial (physical, emotional, spiritual) face it head on, allow for it to shape you in the way the Lord would have it. I truly enjoyed it.



Well, this blog is getting long and I've been meaning to post pictures for ever. Rather than post them individually, thought I'd just throw them all into a slideshow for you all to enjoy. For those of you that didn't know, Tavita was really sick the past couple weeks with RSV. Doctors considered hospitalization but luckily we were able treat it from home by giving him breathing treatments witih a nebulizer. He absolutely hated it but it worked wonders and Brayden thought it was hillarious. The first time I gave him a treatment Brayden looked at him with his mask on and steam billowing around his head and started laughing hysterically. I asked him what was so funny and he said (between heaves), "Tita's a cho cho train. A Gordon cho cho train." Why he chose Gordon I don't know but Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends is associated into every aspect of his life. That's how he learned his colors (Blue like Thomas, Green like Percy etc.) Anyway, some of the pics are of when Tavita was sick others are just some randoms from the past few weeks. The pics of Brayden boasting his potty training success and Tavita learning to walk are actually about a month old but it's been their latest milestones Enjoy!

6 comments:

Katie Fish said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that writes long fatty posts! :) Poor Tavita, those pictures of him sick were heart breaking. But I'm so glad he's feeling better and I can't believe how much he's grown. And Brayden is such a big boy going potty in the big boy toilet. You sure do have cute kids!

PS...I don't want to hear any complaining about bad weather until you've lived up here during this winter...then you can complain! :)

Bert and Benton said...

Whorty, your little poglets are So cute!! Tavita is SO big! I hate that I have yet to meet him! Ok, so I think I'm pretty sure I'm coming up for a weekend in June, not sure which one, but I will be there!!!! SO I'm really hoping you will be too.

Jen said...

oh my gosh the boys are so cute!!! i'm glad tavita is feeling better now, now we can hang out!!! those pictures were awesome...and sad but mostly awesome. what fun active boys! i'll call you soon so we can hang out...might be a couple days cause cambryn is a little sad from getting her shots today...running a little fever and crying a lot. anyway. love you!

Patterson Family said...

Ahhhhhh I'm so glad I found you! Without Whole Grain or Hawaii we are nothing! I didn't even know you had a family! Well done-your kids are cute & they look just like you!

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Marissa, I have not seen you in so long!! Im so glad to find you on here!!! I have thought about you so much and had NO idea where you lived!!! how are you?!! Your kids are cuties!!

Daryl Shum said...

Supp Shummies...

The boyz look Wonderful and filled with happiness. I wish i were there. I'm thinking about it now, there's just nothing here for me. So yeah Brayden looks so cute with Long hair, Looks like dad back in the day with his afro's, Rememba Junior. Dads afro's were the bomb. I see Tavita trainin his thunder thighs for wen he becomes a Professional Footy player, Yeah!!! I miss you's everyday.